Re: Newbie Questions

> ... I think I'd like to add other features such as
> lighting control, temp. monitoring, etc.,
>
> Can someone please kindly point me to any
> information, groups or vendors who sell this
> kind of equipment?

Here are several DIY friendly systems which you should consider -- HAI Omni,
HomeSeer, Napco P9600 and ELK M1Gold.  I sell ELK but not the other two.
HAI makes HA controllers with reasonable security functionality.  HomeSeer
is an HA software app (Windows) which integrates well with Napco Gemini and
several other security systems.  It can also run straight HA without the
alarm.  HAI's Omni series controllers are well-known, good quality hardware.
ELK's M1Gold is a powerhouse.  It can do pretty much anything you like.
Their TCP/IP port includes a built-in web server so no dedicated PC is
required for remote access.

All of these systems allow varying degrees of user customization.  ELK
includes a lot of things which are add-ons with others.  Since I sell ELK
and Napco I'm not entirely unbiased.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics