Re: halogen lamp on x10

In article <2_-dncNtaqIOcBvfRVn-vA@xxxxxxx>,
	"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I've read that some of the guns are quite susceptible to EMF interference.

I haven't noticed that with mine.

> Apparently there are many grades of IR gun with varying degrees of
> sensitivity.  The ones used for food safety seem to require frequent
> calibration to maintain accuracy.
>
> Some of the sites I've visited list non-contact thermometers as low as $30.
>  Not sure if they are any good but I assume as volume goes up, price goes
> down.  The local RatShack's been selling them, but in the $100US range,
> IIRC.  I'd bite at $30, or maybe even $50.   At that cost it would probably
> pay for itself in short order identifying heat leaks.

Mine is in the $100 range, but was on special offer when I bought it.
It includes a laser diode pointer. BTW one thing they can't do is to
measure the temperature of copper -- copper acts like silver foil in
the infrared. It's OK if it's painted or you stick a piece of tape on
it though.

--
Andrew Gabriel