Re: halogen lamp on x10

><b...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> I do have an IR temp gun.

> May I ask what for?  The only other folks I know who own one are the
ones
> that burn up CPU chips on video to prove how hot they get (over 900F
IIRC).

Baking bread?

Seriously, I have a wood-fired clay oven. You can test the temp by
tossing in some semolina and seeing how fast it burns, but it's
sometimes easier to use a temp gun, especially to see variations across
the oven. I lurked on ebay for some time to find one at a price that
made sense for hobby baking.

Anyway, sounds like I should just ditch the torchiere. I haven't found
a fixture I actually like in my living room. It's a wide room, with 8
foot ceilings. Most lamps look rather lost in it. They don't put out
enough light. The torchiere at least lights the room, but it's annoying
in other ways. I'd prefer some sort of built-in, but hanging fixtures
would make the ceilings seem even lower. We could raise a section of
ceiling and do architectural lighting, but it's not really in our
budget. I'm now thinking about CF reflectors in recessed cans, and
something to wash the ceiling. Dunno what that will be, though.