Re: Question about ActiveHome's Activity Monitor...

On Sat, 21 May 2005 07:28:11 -0700, Michael G. wrote:

> Hi Dave!
>
> I thought of the neighbour thing, however, the pattern just makes no
> sense.
>
> Providing the first character is the house code, then it is certainly
> weird.  Unless four neighbours (A, D, N, and F) have decided to each
> press a putton every 25 minutes...
>
> If the first character could be generated from the same remote, then it
> still makes no sense.
>
> I also thought that X10 can only receive 16 codes.  So how would the
> software come up with N DVD, when I have all of the N's programmed with
> my own labels.  Weird!
>
> MG

There can be a lot more codes than that transmitted via RF - the
Firecracker device alone can transmit 64K different RF codes for
example, although a lot are redundant insofar as their translation
to X10 PLC signals is concerned.

All codes received by the CM15A aren't accurately translated
by the AHP Activity Monitor.  What you've seen might be RF codes
transmitted by some remote that AHP hasn't been programmed to
distinguish from remotes it knows about.  And the Activity Monitor
is then possibly displaying a mishmash of standard X10 and
entertainment codes.