Re: Home video surveillance

> Yes, but the quality of the X-10 image might not be, especially in
low
> light.  I dumped most of my X-10 cameras in favor of wired,
weatherproof
> bulletcams with Sony ExView or HAD extremely low light cameras.  I
also have
> some IR cams that have their own built-in illuminators and switch
from color
> in the daytime to B&W at night.

We're actually not that worried about night.  We're there with a
burglar alarm that's activated at bedtime.  We're out in the woods, and
both of us work days, which makes us particularly vulnerable during
daylight hours.

> If you're burglarized by someone using a stocking mask, X-10 images
will
> probably be useful only in confirming you've been robbed, and not who
did
> it.  I doubt very much if you'd be able to pull a license tag off any
car
> that drove up unless you really planned for it.

The license number was my real hope.  I realize they could cover it,
but you can't plan for everything.  Our driveway is the only way in or
out of the property and is about 100' long.  If I could cover that
drive with a good camera, I was really hoping for a shot of their face
coming in and the plate going out.  It sounds like the x10 is
definitely not the way to do that.

> I wouldn't count on hiding it well enough.

Yep.  That's a real concern.  However, my alarm company notifies me and
the police, so they've got limited time there -- probably 20 minutes
max --, and I'm hoping they clear out a lot quicker than that.

I got hit last week at 10:00 in the morning, but what they got didn't
take 5 minutes to load, and they left some valuable stuff behind.  The
alarm didn't stop them, but I feel it ran them away pretty quickly.  It
just gripes me that I had no way to try to film them, thus this
project.

> Make sure X-10's still offering a 30 day money back guarantee in case
you
> discover the resolution isn't good enough.

Based on what I've read here, I won't be ordering from them.

Thanks