Re: Which remote could you recommend for me?

I'm mostly happy with the Sony RM-VL1000 I got at Costco.  There are a
few dedicated buttons for stuff like digits, vol, channel.  It handles
something like 12 different pieces of equipment, and has 4 learnable
buttons, which can be set in 3 groups for each piece. (That description
is a little obscure - sorry).
The legend for each button on an LCD screen is programmable.  Where
they dropped the ball if failing to light the screen for ANY button
press, and didn't manage to line up the buttons with the line of text
they go with on the screen.