Re: Question for Robert Bass

In article <YYCdnaRrQ5DrDa7fRVn-pQ@xxxxxxxxxxx>, robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Robert L. Bass) writes:

| > What do you think of the Paradox Digiplex DGP-NE96?
|
| I've only sold a few of them and I honestly don't know how well it would
| work for your application.

Assume for the moment that it will handle the automation aspect.  I have
the protocol documentation and it seems to be ok.  (Note that I don't want
the panel to perform automation functions; I just want zone status change
serial output even when the system is not armed.)  And I know they have
a reasonable variety of zone expanders and other bus-based hardware.  So
I just need to figure out if it makes for a reasonably flexible alarm
panel, in particular with respect to the available zone types.  For some
reason this kind of information does not seem to be on their web site.

| Have you looked at the ELK-M1 Gold?  What about
| the Napco Gemini P9600?

I looked at the P9600 a year or so ago and rejected it.  I don't remember
exactly why.  I looked at the M1 Gold more recently and decided that I
couldn't decide about it yet.  It is still in the running.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com