Re: Which remote could you recommend for me?

"blueflash@xxxxxxxxxxx" <blueflash@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> I'm mostly happy with the Sony RM-VL1000 I got at Costco.  There are a
> few dedicated buttons for stuff like digits, vol, channel.  It handles
> something like 12 different pieces of equipment, and has 4 learnable
> buttons, which can be set in 3 groups for each piece. (That description
> is a little obscure - sorry).
> The legend for each button on an LCD screen is programmable.  Where
> they dropped the ball if failing to light the screen for ANY button
> press, and didn't manage to line up the buttons with the line of text
> they go with on the screen.

I have the same remote.  It's worlds ahead of the previous (non-learning)
remote I had, but my biggest complaint is the 2-button macros.  You should
be able to program macros to individual buttons, rather than having to go
thru a menu system to get to them.