Re: Project for hotel security -- might be something for CHA gurus

<rory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

DM sucks by the way, if you are in the USA stay away from them, they
are not worth their US price tag, look at alternatives, let me know if
you need any ideas.

Rory

Is it the price tag that makes them suck, Rory. I have over 100 installed
and had to return only one (bad out of box). I have never had a customer
complaint about the units. What has been your experience with them? They may
be more expensive, but they are a proven company and a proven product that
will be here in the future. Many products out there that are jumping on the
bandwagon but the question is will they be here tomarrow? The internet if
full of these products. The DM units aren't for the customer that just saw a
4 camera system, all in one box, at Costco for $399 is trying to see if
someone can beat it. We have one application with five rack mounted 16
camera units and one additional as a backup. After seeing a live demo, they
saw the value and didn't even blink at the price. We have had customers come
to us specing DM. Obviously they saw it somewhere and knew  that is what
they wanted. If you have had negative experiences, please share. Nothing
saying that with large volumn manufacturing, quality can slip.

Bob4Secur