Re: X-10, GFCI, outdoor lights & problems

About half the bulbs we control with X10 are compact fluorescents.  It
just takes some special care.  We use Leviton X10 switches that require
a neutral to guarantee a good signal level.  And then I used the small
wire-in filters in all compact fluorescent circuits to prevent noise or
signal loading from corruptiing the X10 signal.

Just take a few precautions, and it should work fine.