RR501 receives the rf signal, but won't send to other units

Hi,

Ihave a RR501 wieless transceiver and the palmpad combo.  I plug the
RR501 in, set to my house code 'I', unit 1 *or* set to unit 9 and set
the palmpad to house code 'I', and when I press the appropriate on or
off button for unit 1 or 9, I hear a click from the RR501, but none of
the other X-10 units get their signal (i.e. if I want unit 1 on, I get
nothing).

What am I missing?