Re: ademco vista 20P expansion zone interior delay problem

"autonut843" <hmjunk31415@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi, I have an ademco vista 20p with two 4229 expansion zones and one
> 5881H RF receiver.  I notice when I program a zone on the 4229 as
> either type 04 interior follower or type 10 interior with delay, that,
> when armed in away mode, it causes an alarm event as if it were an
> instant perimeter type zone.

Nothing wrong with that.  Arming "Away" means all the zones are active and
will respond as "instant perimeter" except for those programmed as entry
delay.

> When I arm in stay mode it works as
> expected (no alarm event).  When I arm in away mode I can enter through
> my entry delay 1 or entry delay 2 door, trip an interior follower zone
> wired into one of the first 8 zones wired into the main alarm board
> with no problems, but if I then trip the interior follower zone wired
> into the 4229 expansion zone, an alarm event occurs.

Check the programming on the expansion zones.  A zone programmed as
"interior/follower" shouldn't alarm during the entry delay cycle.  Most
often the reason it does is due to a programming error.  It's not however,
beyond the realm of possibility that you have a faulty 4229 but if this were
the case I'd think other problems would manifest as well.