Internal RF Adapter for Almost Any Remote

http://www.smarthome.com/8045.html

Has anyone bought one of these?  I found it while (vainly) searching for a
credit-card sized learning remote that Bill just asked about in another
thread.  Any ideas on how it works?  Where does it pickup the originating
IR?  From being part of the PS circuit?  At first I thought it might solve
Bill K's problem, but apparently not.  Still, it could be useful for some
situations.  It's a pretty clever idea, to stick a transmitter and an N
battery in a AAA/AA sized sleeve.  These RF transmitter chips must be
getting incomprehensibly tiny!

This may sound like a stupid question, but does anyone know if the X-10
8-in-1 learning remote transmits RF as well as IR for each type of command
(VCR, SAT, TV, etc) or RF & IR X-10 commands only?  I can see the IR LED
flashing when it executes X-10 via my camera's viewfinder, so I assume it's
sending both RF and IR transmission simultaneously.

--
Bobby G.