Re: Cell phone use with existing home wiring

Growler wrote:

> I have never licked the idea of 2 phone bills.  I want to cut the land
> line, but I have some home theater hardware that must dial out each
> night.  I also want the convenience of the existing phones located
> throughout the house.

> I have been dreaming of a docking station for my cell phone that when
> docked would drive all the existing wired phones in the house.

> Is there such a device, yet?

You should soon be able to do that with new cell phone that have both cell
and Wi-Fi interfaces. As a matter of fact, you should already be able to
do this kind of roaming (although not yet automatic to the best of my
knowledge) on high-end phones with Wi-Fi interfaces provided by you have a
VoIP line in addition to your cell and land lines.

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
comp.home.automation - 4904 messages and counting!