Re: Remote Control Power Switch

> The solution from X10 is about $30 delivered.

Make sure you factor in aspirin for the headaches you're about to start
having.

> BTW, I do run the router and modem off a (dumb) UPS, but the X10 sales
> rep said that should not be a problem because it is a radio vs. power
> line signal.

Yeah, well, the range on X-10 RF devices is nearly as miserably bad as their
powerline noise problems.  Try it but don't be surprised if it's unreliable.
Just resign yourself to making a $30 bet and just throw it away when it
doesn't work.

> I have four routers on my network.  Updating all the firmware and then
> reconfiguring them isn't something I really want to do at this point
> when it might not even solve the problem.

4 routers?  For what and how are they configured such that it's not a simple
reload of the stored settings?

> I'll post results next week.

With pictures before and after you tear out the hair?