X-10 Diagnostics Was: Preventing Random X-10 Code interference...

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Would TW523 make a good base for building on something that could do more
>Monterey-like analysis at the bit level or does it require really starting
>from scratch?

As I noted, the TW523 is not a good choice but your question reminded me of
another you asked about using an appliance module as a diagnostic platform
and it dawned on me that you might have seen some reference to Phil
Plunkett's design for an X-10 compatible appliance module.

http://techref.massmind.org/images/uk/co/cix/www/http/~pplunkett/x10.htm
     http://www.cix.co.uk/~pplunkett/x10dsm2.pdf

With modifications to use it with 120V, eliminate the tuned inverters and a
different PIC (and firmware), that would make a good diagnostic platform.

But it's probably simpler to start from scratch.