Re: Preventing Random X-10 Code interference...

> >I've seen some other interesting readings, BTW.  Sometimes the bathroom
> >light (on a Hawkeye) command reads in lower case, which the documentation
> >says "one good start code and one good message block (of the two
identical
> >ones) has been received ."  Does that mean the code was mangled but not
> >badly enough to prohibit firing?  Would this explain why people report a
> >slight delay in when the bathroom light fires?
>
> It may mean that there was a powerline collision but one transmitter
backed
> off allowing the second copy of the other to go through. Most X-10
receivers
> will respond to a single copy of the code.

I was not sure whether units would respond to a second code or whether it
was there to confirm the correct reception of the first code.

There's clearly a collision problem but it's only intermittent.  Once I
figure out how to use the signal dissect mode I can analyze what's
happening.  That isn't going to be fun with just a two-line display.  If
only they had added a output port of some kind. Do you think it's possible
to "tap into" the Monterey's LCD and save the readings somehow?  AFAIAC,
it's a big honking limitation - far worse than a top end of 4.0v or its
tendency to spit up BSCs.
Thanks again!

--
Bobby G.