Re: Advice on Good Online Store Setup

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:spCdnYFodtu6cnHfRVn-gw@xxxxxxxxxx

> Do you really think that your model, the "I badmouth my competitors EVERY
> chance I get, even in threads where no one's brought him up" is the better
> business model?

I've never "badmouthed" a competitor.  Bass isn't "in the trade", doesn't
operate an alarm company and we are definitely not "competitors".  I've seen
numerous people complain about the service they get from this man though.
His customers have even emailed me.

> You've got Bass on the brain in a serious way, Frank.

Damn right.  He's called me a liar and never offered so much as an iota of
proof (although he has apologized, which I take as completely meaningless
considering his post-apology behaviour).  He's accused me of reneging on a
promise, unethical behaviour, and used me in twisted examples involving
other people's children...  This man has no social conscience, fraudulently
misrepresents himself to consumers, is a convicted felon, and uses lies and
innuendo to personally attack individuals he can actually identify in real
life.

> Every time someone puts a nickel in the slot, no matter what topic,
> somehow,
> someway you manage to bring HIM into the conversation.

Not always, but most times.  There was a few months there where a degree of
civility returned but his attitude and ego wouldn't allow that to remain for
long...

> It's almost like a TV sitcom.

Heh...  Archie Bunker??

> No matter what Rorschach card you are shown, no matter what
> question you are asked, your response is always "Robert Bass."

Don't recall there ever being a sitcom involving Rorschach cards...

> "What color is this?"
>
> "Bob Bass"

Black.  And I never call him "Bob"...

> "What does this inkblot remind you of?"
>
> "Bob Bass"

Nope.  I see a big butterfly wearing a cowboy hat and a tool belt...    :-))

> "Tell me about your mother"
>
> "Bob Bass"

Well, first of all, my mom never even resembled "Bob Bass"...  She never
wore cowboy hats for one, shunned "black", and didn't sport a beard...  :-))

> Have you ever known a religious zealot?

Yep...  Bass is one...  He's a "Christian Jew", or "Jewish Christian"...  I
forget which...  It sort of changes at his whim...  Read "the Testimony"
lately??  :-))

> No matter what the topic of
> conversation they're bound to bring their hallelujahs
> into the discussion.

You mean "HA" not "hallelujahs", right??

> Just like your ability to twist *any* HA post into a Bass bash, it's
> perilously close to obsessive behavior.

Nahh...  Not even.  You figure (as do a number of others here) that because
Robert engages in completely amoral behaviour in other groups (sometimes
this one too) he's *not* going to wind up "carrying some of his baggage"
around with him??  You are naive!!

> Your friends here at CHA can help you with that problem.  We can try a
> behavior therapy technique known as "exposure and response prevention."
> We
> expose you to a situation that would usually evoke a compulsive response.
> Then, instead of posting here in CHA you could send a *private* message to
> one of your volunteer therapists who would help talk you through your
> issues
> and help you to NOT  respond to the urges.

As long as Bass doesn't resort to telling lies, spouting misleading comments
then I'll be perfectly happy to ensure my contributions to this group remain
topical and informative.  I won't allow this jerk to make free with his
baseless accusations and innuendo though.

It would also help if all the guys that join the "Bless Bass Bandwagon"
would enforce the group's FAQ (like that's *ever* going to happen)...
Allowing Bass to advertise his wares here because he's "helpful" isn't part
of this group's FAQ.  Read it sometime...  No one else does it!!

> Let's begin helping you with your extinction therapy:
>
> "Robert Bass is a wonderful human being who often helps people with their
> home automation questions."

OK, OK...   "Robert Bass is a..."

Sorry...  I can't use the word "wonderful" in the same sentence as "Robert
Bass"...  Except to say it would be a "wonderful thing if Robert started
behaving like a wonderful human being".

:-))