Re: Advice on Good Online Store Setup

"Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> (BassBurglarAlarms).  I'm the owner of one of the many alarm
> companies that supposedly "quiver in our boots" over his
> "business model".

Do you really think that your model, the "I badmouth my competitors EVERY
chance I get, even in threads where no one's brought him up" is the better
business model?   You've got Bass on the brain in a serious way, Frank.
Every time someone puts a nickel in the slot, no matter what topic, somehow,
someway you manage to bring HIM into the conversation.  It's almost like a
TV sitcom.  No matter what Rorschach card you are shown, no matter what
question you are asked, your response is always "Robert Bass."

"What color is this?"

"Bob Bass"

"What does this inkblot remind you of?"

"Bob Bass"

"Tell me about your mother"

"Bob Bass"

Have you ever known a religious zealot?  No matter what the topic of
conversation they're bound to bring their hallelujahs into the discussion.
Just like your ability to twist *any* HA post into a Bass bash, it's
perilously close to obsessive behavior.

Your friends here at CHA can help you with that problem.  We can try a
behavior therapy technique known as "exposure and response prevention."  We
expose you to a situation that would usually evoke a compulsive response.
Then, instead of posting here in CHA you could send a *private* message to
one of your volunteer therapists who would help talk you through your issues
and help you to NOT  respond to the urges.

For example, in clinical practice, a person with contamination obsessions
and washing compulsions would be asked to touch a dirty object, like the
bottom of a shoe, and then try to keep himself from washing his hands.  At
first, they are incredibly anxious but, with time, anxiety begins to
decrease and, usually in an hour or two, is entirely gone. If the obsessive
patient repeats the process again and again, eventually the compelling urge
to wash at the thought of being contaminated will diminish through a process
called "extinction."

Let's begin helping you with your extinction therapy:

"Robert Bass is a wonderful human being who often helps people with their
home automation questions."

:-)

--
Bobby G.