Re: poor man's IO?

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:19:39 -0400, "wkearney99"
<wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'm aware of that one can use a gamepad or joystick to provide a "poor man's
>I/O interface" for input signals.  But how about output relay closures?
>What's available with a USB interface that would lend itself to being used
>for controlling switches, presumably with external relays?  I'm thinking of
>using something like this for handling stuff like the 12v signalling
>question posed in another thread.  I'm not insisting on taking the cheap way
>out but would prefer to find something in the sub-$50 range.  Perhaps with
>at least 8 outputs?

If you have a parallel port, the below two links ares about as
simple as you can get doing some I/O. Bottom link is a serial
board which you could use via USB to serial adapter.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/status.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/output.htm
http://www.futurlec.com/RS232DevBoard.shtml