Re: Way Kool ! - Wizards of Winter

Well, when I screw up, I do a good job.

Apparently the information I saw on TV on the 7th didn't know about it being
shut down on the 6th.

Wow.  Snopes was really fast on getting that information.  I had never
thought to look for information on lighting displays there because I never
thought of this as an urban legend.

I assume that Snopes knows what they are talking about and that they got the
information from him about the Lightorama equipment, but the wiring and
controller that they showed on TV were definitely not the unit that the link
went to.  Much more home brew with a small single board controller (not
Lightorama, a different logo) and a lot of wires.
However, Lightorama sells the triac cards separately and he might have been
using one of them. http://store.lightorama.com/mc-tb08.html
That card could be good for various home control items.  They also make
various cards between the plain triac and the full stand alone light
sequencer.

--
Bill Fuhrmann