Re: Inflatable HVAC duct valves

Zoning systems can be made to work very well....

Problem, and a sad part of it is HVACs are mostly hacks.
Three aproaches can be used to lower static with zoning:
1) Controlled leaks ( dampers don't close 100% )
2) Damp zones ( like two story entrances )
3) barametric damper bypass

> ask because one of our furnaces died this week (2 days after its annual
>$90 inspection/tuneup ;-( so I am in the process of rethinking that part of
>the HVAC system.

How? did heat exchanger split? If so why didn't $90 guy see the crack?

Or do they just want to sell you a new 6k system?

How old was the system anyway?