Re: Inflatable HVAC duct valves

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:EACmf.258887$zb5.42329@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have seen a few of the bladder dampers listed on eBay while searching for
> the motorized vane type.  They were pretty cheap.
>
> It is not that hard to add round motorized vane type dampers into
> galvanized
> ductwork.  As I recall, 8 inch variable displacement vane dampers were
> around $100 at the local HVAC distributor.  Simple 2-position dampers
> sometimes show up on eBay at pretty good prices.

If I had accessible ductwork, I'd be down on that. The large duct to feed my
lower floor exits the air handler straight down. Accessing it would require
removal of the entire air handler. It's a very tight, clean installation
which is absolutely impossible to work on. I could knock a hole in the wall
it comes down through easy enough, but I have developed a deep and abiding
hatrid of drywall work. So that's a last resort for me!

I'll dig around ebay. Thanks.