Re: Napco HA eprom version

robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> In answer to your question, I worked on a P9600 system a few weeks ago.

Yes...  Of course.  I work on systems every day (including weekends).

>  While there have been a few tweaks to the firmware, the panel is
> essentially the same as it was several years ago when I sold my alarm
> company. Although I no longer install for a living I still help friends
> and neighbors when asked.  Without a Florida license any work I do now
> is for free.  You should try installing sometime, Frank.  It's fun
> learning a new skill.

I will actually.  I'll try to remember your good advice about installing
a door contact in cold weather too.  You remember what you said?  This
was when you suggested adding another splice in the attic right above
the door.  Excellent advice.  I just love crawling in attic spaces about
a foot and a half high and troubleshooting a splice some nimrod decided
to put there because he didn't think pulling from the control to the
contact would minimize the time it took to actually install the contact.
  Noo-O-ooo.  He decided (in his infinite wisdom and many years of
installation experience) to run a short six foot length of wire up into
the attic, install the contact, then *return* to the attic to splice the
wire there.  Yep...  That's what I call really *excellent* advice,
Robert!!!  Keep up the good work!!!  ;-)