Re: Dave Houston....I need your help!

I suggested the KeypadLinc might have a line filter capacitor that was
interfering with your HomePlug as a more plausible explanation than your
guess that it was outputting noise that was blocking HomePlug. Neither
should be happening. I checked the HomePlug 1.0 spec. They use 4.5-21MHz and
adapt to noise by not using channels (21 in total) that are noisy. It's
really not plausible that your KeypadLinc is noisy across that wide a
spectrum.

I doubt the lamp module is defective. There's nothing in it that should be
able to create noise (when unloaded) that would register on an ESM1. I
suspect ypu have some other intermittent noise source.

Are you sure that light cannot get past the cap?

This is really hard to troubleshoot without better data. A log of valid X-10
would help narrow things down.

I suggest disconnecting the KeypadLinc to see whether the network recovers
and whether any other problems go away.

I'm not familiar with its features. I assume it can transmit 120kHz bursts
to control secondary devices. If defective it could be a source of 120kHz
noise.