Re: Napco HA eprom version

> The 40b eprom that I have was supposedly part of a GEM-RS232 kit. I
bought it on ebay, and just wanted to make sure it was legit.

Although most dealers are probably legitimate, there are folks who pawn
off defective units on eBay.  If the chip is wrong or defective, give
me a call and I'll help you get it replaced.  I'm a Napco dealer and
I've installed hundreds of P9600 panels.

> Something just sticks in my mind that the eprom should have HA written
on it - I don't remember where I read that.

The earlier ones did say HA on them.  That may have changed but I'd
have to check to be sure.

> My plan is to use Homeseer.  I can always just try it and see if it
works, but before I went through the hassle, I was hoping someone might
know off hand if it is the correct eprom or not, just by the
version/markings.

HomeSeer is an excellent program.  They had some problems with the old,
3rd party plug-in for Napco so they did an in-house version.  They're
an honorable company.  If you run into problems they'll help but tech
support could stand to be a bit faster.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com