Re: 2 100amp panel coupler help needed

I don't have a successful 2 panel/subpanel setup but I do wonder why you
have two whole house blocking couplers. They are intended to block X-10 from
entering or leaving so, when on, they would tend to attenuate X-10 signals
from one panel from reaching the other panel. I think you need a single 4851
upstream of the Y.

Then you _may_ need a coupler repeater in each main panel but I think the
first step is to eliminate one 4851 and then re-evaluate things.

You say you get strong signals with an ESM1 in most locations. The weak
locations may or may not be related to poor coupling. You may have devices
that are attenuating the signals there. While the larger a house, the harder
it is to get good signal everywhere this is not directly related to the
longer wiring runs. Studies have shown there's minimal attenuation that can
be attributed to the length of the wire run but there is a correlation
between the number of J-box terminations and attenuation due to the
increased inductance of those terminations.

The HCA02-10E is a coupler/repeater (the repeated signal is 5Vpp) but it has
been problematic in _some_ installations, especially when a PR511 is also in
the system.