Re: PowerLinc Controller and X-10 switches

I have three 2000STWs all of which date to about the time they were first
released. I ordered one before they were shipping. When I had problems they
replaced it and gave me two more. Two have no stickers (possibly the
freebies) and the third has 0179 & 4802 so I'm not sure the stickers are
meaningful.

All three work OK on one "phase" here. None work on the other "phase"
although one seems to work OK (in limited testing) when a Dell printer is
unplugged or filtered. I can see nothing beyond a 20mVpp ripple at about
650kHz on the phase that gives them difficulty. The LEDs flash randomly and
they do not respond to commands on the problem "phase". LM14As work fine in
the circuits where the LampLincs fail.

I've recently installed a ToggleLinc PLC (non-dimming, one-way) to control a
bathroom fluorescent fixture. So far, so good.

I'm confused by your data.

I've never found an X-10 module that took more than ~150 microsteps from
full bright to full dim (LM14A excepted as it never dims to 0%). My 2000STW
goes from full bright to full dim with 32 microsteps.

My 2000STW goes from full bright to full dim in 14 "standard" dims. I think
it's probable that the 2000SC reacts the same way. Still, I'd like to hear
from someone who has sent microsteps to a 2000SC.