Re: PowerLinc Controller and X-10 switches

Dave,
Here's some data I took to characterize  a 2000STW purchased about 2
years ago .
It has two stickers: "0786" and "2403".  (The latter looks about right
for a date code
but this is the only Smarthome lamp module I own so I can't be sure.)

The Preset Dim commands provide 32 distinct steps (verified with a
voltmeter).

It takes only about 150 ordinary dims/brights to cover the range from
fully Off to
fully On, as opposed to the 210 or so required for a standard X10
dimmer.
Sending ordinary dim/bright level 1 or 2 from a CM11A changes the
Preset
Dim step by 1.   Sending single ordinary dim/bright level 1 through 14
commands
from a CM11A  to a 2000STW initially fully On or fully Off provides
about 13  distinct
steps in the 2000STW.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan