Re: A-Bus and Futuresmart panel

> Bill, thanks for the advice. I am planning to use this for background
> music and talk radio, nothing high volume. But the average ceiling
> height is about 11 feet so I hope that the Abus amps will drive a pair
> of Proficient Audio C610 (6-1/2 inch diameter) or equivalent at
> sufficient volume to do the job. What do you think? Even outdoors I
> plan to use the same setup with the speakers in the patio cover
> ceiling.

It will not work out of doors.  There's just not enough wattage to cover the
sound loss due to lack of walls.  You can try it first, just make sure you
run the back-forth cabling to support an amp.  If you never need it, well,
nothing other than the cost of the wire lost.  But trust me, you will need
additional amplification for an area like a patio.  There aren't any walls
to contain and reflect back the sound.

> Re the cabling, I am thinking of putting the 4 audio Abus hubs (Channel
> Vision AB404) at three different locations. One location would have two
> hubs and feed 8 rooms, the other two locations would have 1 hub and
> feed 4 rooms each. That way, I minimize the cabling over what would be
> required if all hubs were at the same location. The Channel Vision hubs
> and the volume controls (Channel Vision AB114 keypads) all take 110
> style punch down connections which I think would make for a pretty neat
> setup.

The hubs EACH have to be provided with the source audio.  If you spread the
hubs around then you'll have to run the source cables to them.  They DO NOT
share source signals.  They have to be fed in a daisy-chain fashion through
each hub in order for the keypads to get them.

-Bill Kearney