Re: Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

Jeff Volp wrote:
> "Pat Farrell" <pfarrell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> IMHO, the world needs to throw away X10.
>> Do some work with ZigBee and help retire  X10.
> I've been using X10 since the early BSR brown module days with very close
> to  100% reliability.  There is a large installed base out there.
>
> I don't believe in throwing away things that work well, but I admit that
> avocado is getting old.

I'm not saying throw it away when it is working for you.
And some people like vinyl records. Maybe
"move away" is a better term.

But if you look at the messages on this newsgroup,
a fair number of people are not as smart, talented and
good looking as you.

But X10 isn't as accessable as people expect.
I don't know if ZigBee is really the answer, but
I sure think that finding out if the automation industry
can broaden out is likely to yield better returns.
All IMHO, of course.

--
Pat