Re: CORRECTION: Here's the popup code from Kounter.com

<Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> used recycled pixels to
say:

>E. Lee Dickinson wrote:
>> "Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>

>>>From:
>>>http://groups.google.com/group/alt.security.alarms/msg/cd77cd9da6537c53?dmode=source&hl=en
>>

>> Which doesn't mention winfixer at all.
>
>You're right.  The Kounter.com script "rotates" different pop-up screens
>for each "session".  "Winfixer" does eventually "come around".  The same
>individual that originally posted this code also posted the list of
>pages that pop-up.  Go back in the thread and you'll find it.  Robert
>insists it's not there and even goes so far as to call me a liar.  A
>number of individuals have experienced it though (and a few aren't even
>in the group you guys refer to as "his regular detractors".  "Matt Ion"
>for one.
>

>> In fact, you're the first one in
>> that thread to mention winfixer. You provided a link to the winfixer site.
>>
>> Other people in the thread subsequently started complaining of winfixer
>> popups.
>>
>> And you say Bass is spreading it?
>
>No.  He's only using Kounter.com on the bassburglaralarms.com site.  His
>three other shopping sites don't use it so you don't experience pop-ups
>with them.
>

>> PS - if you get the winfixer popups, the malware is already installed. The
>> popup isn't being generated by the site being visited, it's being generated
>> by a bug your computer has picked up.
>
>Nope.  You're wrong.  I don't have "malware" installed on any of the
>systems at work nor the six systems at home.  They're all running Norton
>anti-virus/worm protection and Microsoft's anti-spyware software.
>

>> It's tenacious. I had it for a month before any of the security sites even
>> mentioned it.  As always the gladiator security forms helped me out.
>
>I agree.  It's not only tenacious, but removing it from your system, if
>you're unlucky enough to install it, is a major pain as well (judging
>from the instructions provided by Symantec).

Another reason to surf the internet with Active-X and Java turned
*OFF*!!!!

Autobot This Spammers!
<A HREF="mailto:postmaster@[127.0.0.1]";></A>
mailto:postmaster@xxxxxxxxx
(to reply to actual address, dispense the dots before
and after sirname.