Re: New paradigm for home heating automation and control

There have been some big advances in solar recently including "spray on
solar panels" that work on cloudy days.

     http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1330520/posts

My point, sardonic as it was, is that there is no energy crisis. There's
ample coal and it's used now for more than 50% of our electricity. Even in a
state like Texas where the oil industry controls nearly everything, coal
supplies more than 40% of the electricity.

It makes more economic sense to develop technology to burn (and mine) coal
cleanly than it does to continue to depend on oil and gas and the wars that
is sure to bring. China is also a big coal user with huge reserves.

As for the Hummer driving (there are big tax breaks for buying a Hummer)
pseudoenvironmentalists doing the oil companies dirty work, the U.S. Court
of Appeals has already ruled that mountain top removal is OK. I wouldn't
hold my breath waiting for that to be overturned. Anyway, most of W. VA will
be flatlands by the time the case reaches final resolution. :(

     http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10194185/

BTW, Mother Nature's solar devices didn't fare so well in the years
following Krakatoa - crop yields were down for a few years.

I hope Santa puts coal in everyone's Christmas stockings.