Re: CORRECTION: Here's the popup code from Kounter.com

"Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> From:
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.security.alarms/msg/cd77cd9da6537c53?dmode=source&hl=en

Which doesn't mention winfixer at all.  In fact, you're the first one in
that thread to mention winfixer. You provided a link to the winfixer site.

Other people in the thread subsequently started complaining of winfixer
popups.

And you say Bass is spreading it?

PS - if you get the winfixer popups, the malware is already installed. The
popup isn't being generated by the site being visited, it's being generated
by a bug your computer has picked up.

It's tenacious. I had it for a month before any of the security sites even
mentioned it.  As always the gladiator security forms helped me out.