Re: OT: Advice on Good Online Store Setup

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 04:33:52 GMT, "Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote
in message  <QChHe.79247$s54.48377@pd7tw2no>:

>"Marc F Hult" <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:08:09 GMT, "Frank Ol son" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote
>> in message  <dZbHe.73766$5V4.17140@pd7tw3no>:
>>

>>>"Marc F Hult" <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>>Aux contraire.  alt.security.alarms FAQ strictly prohibits commercial
>>>posts with one exception.  They must be limited to "new product"
>>>announcements *of interest to alarm dealers and installers*, cannot
>>>include pricing or a link to a "buy me" button.
>>
>> Read again. I wrote "charter", not "FAQ".
>>
>> An ad-hoc, post-group-creation "FAQ" created by an individual is not a
>> usenet charter.
>
>Agreed.  A FAQ becomes an issue though when most decide that it's
>principles are sound and express a desire to live by them.

>>You cannot show me the prohibition in the a.s.a charter
>> because thar ain't none thar.
>
>Check.
>
>> And unlike the comp.* hierarchy,  the alt.*
>> hierarchy does not prohibit commercial posts.
>
>But there are still "ethics" and "netiquette".  If many individuals express
>a desire to adopt a FAQ, then I'd say it becomes an amendment to the
>charter.  Wouldn't you??

Then you'd be wrong again. A charter cannot be amended, only replaced.

You rattle on about things that you seem to know little about. You confuse
the facts of the matter with your _opinions_ of what ought/might/could/ be.

Please take your obsession back to the newsgroup(s) in which it originated.

Marc_F_Hult