POTS and Ethernet over CAT-5 Cable

Is it possible to use some of the extra wires in CAT-5 cable to run a
POTS line or two?  I heard that Ethernet only uses two of the eight
wires.  Is this true?  If so, seems like I could run 3 POTS lines in
addition to my Ethernet over my CAT-5 home network.

If this is correct, are there any jacks available that would make this
easier than cutting open my cables?  Thanks.