Re: Garden hose automation - suggestions?

Hello Jack,

> But my Elk M1 has a spare output I could employ to activate a valve, etc.

I don't know what an Elk M1 is but if it has a free timer output that
provides 24VAC why not buy a regular sprinkler valve at Home Depot? You
can plumb it in with PVC pieces where you can get all kinds of threads
to fit faucet and hose. HD has lots of those, too. The valve just has to
be level and mounted somewhere solid and where it isn't going to be
knocked over by people or pets. Or foxes in our case.

Mind the local code WRT to height of a typical anti-siphon valve.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com