Re: Whole House Audio/Video

So'n'so wrote:

> Had not heard of Kustom.  Are you able to synchronize the sound in all the
> rooms, but have separate streams if you want?  (In other words, are you
> sending the audio via regular wires from an amp in a central location, are
> you able to send separate signals to separate rooms, and are you able to use
> a central MP3 server for the separate streams)?
>
> "Larry Loucks" <Larry.Loucks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>So'n'so wrote:
>>
>>>Anybody have any experience with these systems?  Seems everyone here is
>>>controlling their heaters & lights.  I'd like to find a system where I
>>>could control the heat, and all that, but more importantly have a single
>>>server for music and video, plus local control if needed.
>>
>>I have the Kustom system.  It works great and I use it all of the time. I
>>have CD, Satellite, FM tuner and Computer via Haupauge gadget as zones.  I
>>have also integrated the door bell.
>>
>>What else do you want to know?
>>
>>Larry

The Kustom system is the same idea as Russound(sp) and most of the
others.  These systems have separate amplifiers for each zone and
multiple sources that any zone can select.  They are all independent so
they can all listen to the same source or different sources.  The
speakers are wired to the system using standard speaker wire.  The zone
controllers, one for each zone and one master, are wired using standard
CAT 5 wire.  They provide volumne control, source selection and IR
control back to the sources.  You can use the IR to control the source,
on/off, station select, etc., anything you can do with the sources
remote control.

Worthington and most of the standard places sell these types of systems.

I hook up my computer as a source to play MP3's, Internet Radio,
pictures, movies, etc., using the MediaMVP from Hauppauge,
www.hauppauge.com.  It connects your PC via a standard ethernet
connection to a device that displays on your TV and provides standard
line level audio that I use as a source for my whole house system.
There are similar devices that support WIFI as well.  It only costs $100
and it works well.

My system has a door bell input that rings a door bell over the zone
speakers.  Very handy for when you are sitting around the pool and
somebody comes to the door.

Hope this helps.

Larry

W\