Re: Garden hose automation - suggestions?

I took the 24V AC valve that Home Depot sells and connected it to an old
24V AC 'brick' power adaptor.

I then plugged the adaptor into an X10 appliance module (you could
use any type of module with a relay for power contacts) to control it.
This works well.  I can walk around with a keyfob to turn on and off the
hose, or if I have a sprinkler connected to it have it come on and off
via the timer in my controller.

Just make sure you protect the module and the power adaptor from water by
putting it in some sort of container or case.

Hope that gives you some ideas that you can build on.

Jeff