Re: POTS and Ethernet over CAT-5 Cable

Hi Issac:

I thought I was making a "responsible" answer. No where have I been able to
find a EIA/TIA, IEEE, etc. spec/standard that states that using CAT5 cable
for simultaneous applications that include ethernet is "approved". If I am
missing one, please send it to me as I would like to read it so I am better
informed when I answer questions. That said, I stand behind what I posted.
The general consensus is to make a informed decision, but most articles I
have read say do not do it. Some reasons given are: 1000mps use, PoE uses,
etc. Can it be done, yes. Would I do it, no. Two sites that talk about it:
http://www.swhowto.com/WhatWant.htm
http://www.zytrax.com/tech/layer_1/cables/mixed.html

Regards  Dan