Re: Garden hose automation - suggestions?

Hello Jack,

> I looked at the HD website, trying to figure-out which valve Jeff
> suggested, and see two inline valves that are 3/4". One has both male
> threads, the other's are both female...

The web sites of hardware stores are, well, not very good. You have to
go to the store to see what they have. Probably 10-20 different valve
style including inline for 24VAC. You just need to get some cheap
adapters from the plumbing aisle.

> Neither one is designed to work on a hose, but as you said - adapters
> are available, etc.
>
> I just discovered this:
>
> http://www.orbitonline.com/index.cfm?fa=sunmate.product&productid=33

I do not like battery operated hose controllers at all. Tried it out
eight years ago, never again. The batteries were always dead, plants
died etc.. Also, if the valve is latching as Dan said that would scare
me. Yes, yes, they usually claim that the low battery detection will
always make sure there is enough juice left to close it. But what if
there isn't? Will they pay for the clean-up if most of your soil has
washed downhill into a neighbor's garage?

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com