Re: Neutral wire at switches for outlets?

In article <ddi7pn$jo3$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	"E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> In my home, there is a 3-way circuit which controls a group of outlets and a
> group of lights.  In the process of stripping the outlets out of the
> circuit,  I discovered that the circuit hot comes from the breaker, but the
> neutral comes from another (unswitched) circuit of outlets.
>
> By my thinking -- the neutrals are all common at the breaker anyway, so it
> shouldn't make a difference. Is there any reason for me to be concerned
> about this?

I can't speak for the US regs, but that's not allowed in UK regs.
Only the earth/ground wire is allowed to be cross-connected
between different circuits. Cross-connecting a neutral like this
could result in circuit which has been isolated for work to be
carried out on it actually being live due to the cross-connect.

--
Andrew Gabriel