Re: Neutral wire at switches for outlets?

"Ben" <galanti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I know this is a stupid question, but is there any reason why switches
> for outlets can't have neutral wires?

I have a somewhat related question:

In my home, there is a 3-way circuit which controls a group of outlets and a
group of lights.  In the process of stripping the outlets out of the
circuit,  I discovered that the circuit hot comes from the breaker, but the
neutral comes from another (unswitched) circuit of outlets.

By my thinking -- the neutrals are all common at the breaker anyway, so it
shouldn't make a difference. Is there any reason for me to be concerned
about this?