Re: Levition Telephone Line Distribution Module Connections

In addition, when you pull out the blue pair just wind the rest of them back
around the jacket until you need them later.  If you're connecting an RJ11
socket you should probably connect both the blue and orange pairs.  They're
the most commonly wired line 1 & 2 connections.

At some point if you add a second line (voip perhaps) you'd have to go pull
that faceplate off, unwind the wire (you did save it, right?) and attach it.
Better to just have to connect it only back at the central point instead.

You might want to consider having the wires terminated inside the house and
then distributed to the handsets.  Doing it all inside the telco demarc box
can get a little messy.  And if you need to do something special or add a
DSL filter it's often easier to do it inside the house.  That and not risk
someone from the telco 'messing up' what you've done.

-Bill Kearney