Re: lawn sprinkler control unit repair

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:17:15 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>If you put in a new fuse, turn on the controller and turn each zone on
>one at a time with NO wiring connected, the fuse will blow when the
>shorted zone is selected or even sooner if the short is before the zone
>seletion.  New controller is the answer there.

Bruce-did this check and all the stations went on and the fuze never
blew, so I'd say controler is good.

Then did a variation of what Bobby G recommended. I ran a 2 strand
bell wire from controler, one station at a time  to the corresponding
valve. Then tested. In each case the valve operated and water flowed!
So some part or all of the underground cable is bad. So tomorrow off
to Home Depot to get a new run of cable and install it. Any
suggestions on installing the cable? Will run inside the garage and
then an underground run to the vavle box. Current cable is not in
conduit or PVC, is that somethng you all recommend?

Paul