Re: lawn sprinkler control unit repair

For a reasonable run to the valves expect to see from 0-4 Ohms, depending on
the condition of the system if the wire is shorted.  You can check the
resistance across the valves with no wires connected to get a base reading
if you like.

My sprinkler valves are wired with 18-gauge copper.  Unfortunately, the
wires are only a few inches below grade and the gardener cuts them on a
regular basis.  Last month we asked him to replace a shrub in the hedges
along the pool cage.  He took out the sprinkler system and two of my phone
lines.  When I returned from Brazil the first thing I noticed was that my
front lawn was beginning to resemble northern Iraq.  I tried to call the
gardener to ask him to come check the sprinkler system and there was no dial
tone.  :^(

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass