Need SMALL X10 wall switch

I am in an OLD house with SMALL boxes, and rare access to a Nuetral.

The current crop of X10 wall switches are all the size of Dimmers, and
RARELY fit inside the wall boxes we have.  My wife doesn't like appearance
of "Extender rings" that give me the extra depth I need.

Before you suggest putting in new deep boxes, I will say again that this is
an OLD house, the boxes are "plastered" in, connected with BX wire and a
PAIN to work with.  The only good thing is the entire house is wired with
12/2.

If someone can build those controls that fit inside a light socket extender,
why can't they build a SMALL light switch?

Hoping that some one knows about a product I haven't found....

Bob Sisson