Marketing (was 360 video)

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:32:24 -0400, "z" <rmwbsee@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Where might this Junior Engineer go for Marketing help?

50% learned from my dad who is a farmer but had a lot of common sense
and by coincidence (or not) all three of his boys are self employed.

45% out of desperation having needed to make a profit to feed my
family for 33 years. That includes friends in business mentoring me.
Make friends with someone in a business who has made their mark in an
area where you are interested and pay them for consulting. Paying
someone (not me) $500 for a few hours of their time on the telephone
could be the best investment you'd make.

5% formal from Gary Halbert, nearly retired, www.garyhalbert.com. Read
every word he's written and overlook his ego as he's earned it.

0% from college. I would not discourage someone from going to college,
but if you want to be an entrepreneur, there may be better things you
can do with your time. College doesn't teach you how to think. It
teaches you what to think. It definitely doesn't teach you how to run
a business or make money. I don't regret my college days, but I would
not do them again.

Learning to write proper English may be the most important skill you
can develop.

Good luck in your work.

Steve

Steve Uhrig, SWS Security, Maryland (USA)
Mfrs of electronic surveillance equip
mailto:Steve@xxxxxxxxxx  website http://www.swssec.com
tel +1+410-879-4035, fax +1+410-836-1190
"In God we trust, all others we monitor"
RIP Ken KE3I, SK 10/30/04. Rest easy, my good friend