Re: 360 degree video real time... interested?

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:35:32 -0400, "z" <rmwbsee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Seriously well informed responses.
>Thank You Very Much.
>
>I'll byte the bit and ask Stefan Gatcher UV Prague what he knows about the
>patents etc.
>He has ieee documented extensively. I've see some mirrors made at
>Neovision.com are relate to UVP.
>I am thinking there are / or could be some math differences in how I unwrap
>the reflected image.
>
>Can I dispute a patent encompassment by sighting old Cartography art
>practice method?
>Otherwise could my peanut company just claim bankruptcy and move on?
>I feel I can't bare any of this legal foder...the money or the time.

I made a gizmo out of a WalMart plastic lazy suzan with a mirror
mounted on it at a 45 deg angle. Had a webcam looking straight up
at the angled mirror through a hole in the middle of the lazy
susan. Worked pretty good except that the image did a barrel roll
as it was rotated. But good fun for an internet web cam. I've
seen other optics that had a cam look straight up at a properly
shaped mirror surface for a 360 deg view, but the view was also
like doing a loop on a roller coaster.