Re: Need SMALL X10 wall switch

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 09:48:20 -0400, "Bob Sisson" <Bob@Sisson
Family.com> wrote:

>Before you suggest putting in new deep boxes, I will say again that this is
>an OLD house, the boxes are "plastered" in, connected with BX wire and a
>PAIN to work with.  The only good thing is the entire house is wired with
>12/2.

I'm a newbie here but as I have done a fair bit of straight house
rewiring (UK) I did wonder whether your switch could be wired in to
the circuit but higher up.. as in under the floor boards  (if you have
any).. near the light socket..

You could then either strap the current light switch and plate it or
add it in as a two way effort to overide whatever the x10 does.

hope my wording is clear :)

As most x10 modules look like 1970's practical electronics projects
gone wrong (big and ugly) this is the method I would have used for
every single unit if I didn't live in an apartment with concrete
floors :(

Pete